2014-01-25

mortar & pestle as pill crusher

23: sci.cook`gear/mortar & pestle/metal is a great pill crusher:
(review of BC Classics Stainless Steel Mortar and Pestle)

. I like to do my DHEA & T4 hormones nasally,
but some come as pills or granules in capsules;
so, I needed a grinder:
a mortar is a bowl for holding grounds
the pestle is a club-shaped object
that does the grinding .
. counter to what some reviewers found,
this metal pestle is no longer entirely hollow,
it has significant heft for tapping hard pills .
. when thoroughly grinding pills,
the powder tends to get caked on the surface,
therefore you need to have a scraper tool,
such as a metal tablespoon .

1 comment:

Philip Torrance (ADDN) said...

you need to have a scraper tool,
such as a metal tablespoon
... but I usually just use my fingernail .