2018-02-19

creditkarma offers free credit monitoring and tax service but unresponsive

17.11.6: web.care/fin/creditkarma/
offers free credit monitoring and tax service but unresponsive:
2018: summary:
. creditkarma services are free,
and might alert you to identity theft
but the BBB says you get what you pay for
when it comes to customer service.

lifehacker:
Credit Karma is a favorite free service
for monitoring your own credit monthly
and keeping your identity safe.
Now they're upping the ante
and offering free credit reports every single week,
so you're aware more quickly
if someone's stealing your identity.
co:
NOT BBB ACCREDITED Credit Karma, Inc. grade is B-:
356 complaint(s) filed against business:
note Length of time business has taken
to respond to complaint(s).
negative BBB review:
. received an email from Credit Karma stating that
I had signed up, which I did not do.
In the body of the email, it states that
if I did not create an account to let them know.
Seems easy enough, but clicking on the link
to "let them know" took me to an online form
on Credit Karma's website.
There was no option to report fake accounts.
Also, all options require that I give them my
full name and birth date. Why would I give them that,
especially my birth date
if I never signed up for their service?
Credit Karma states that they value our information.
Well I value my information as well,
which is why I should not have to
give them my personal information
just to report someone using my email address.

some problems are for its tax efile service:
Credit Karma Tax™
. in 2008, Credit Karma made credit scores
free for everyone.
We're now more than 60 million members strong
— and still just as free as ever.
Credit Karma Tax™
is making the same promise with taxes.
So, how do we make money?
When you visit Credit Karma,
we show you offers and recommendations
that could save you money.
If you take one, the bank or lender usually pays us.
And we never sell your info to marketers.

No comments: