2019-12-12

eye wear prescription data at home

2023.4.7: update: 19.12.8: aq.med/eyes/
generate eyewear prescription data at home
. one cool thing about at-home testing
of the eye's need for prescription lenses,
is knowing that there are eye wear providers
that accept your eye wear data
without proof that you have a prescription.
. this is valuable to me because
I have not felt comfortable with
the script that my eye doctor wrote:
the distance vision adjustment was
too strong, and the near vision was good for a foot away
when I would like to see what is in my lap.
. my first response was to wear various reading glasses
over my distance vision glasses;
but what I would prefer to do is
just order bifocals with my
preferred prescription strengths.
. I would still see an eye doctor to check for
diseases, such as glaucoma and AMD.
. approved by the FDA?
some at-home testing  is registered with the US FDA
as a Class 1 medical device with a 510K exemption.
. some testing devices may have special rules
such as being able to determine prescriptions for glasses
but not for contact lenses.


No comments: